On 09.11.2020, USCIS announced it would extend the flexibility announced on 03.30.2020 to assist applicants, petitioners, and requestors who are responding to certain agency requests.
This flexibility applies to documents with an issuance date listed on the request, notice, or decision between March 1, 2020 through Jan 1, 2021, inclusive.
The list of documents where this flexibility applies includes the following:
- Requests for Evidence (RFE);
- Continuances to Request Evidence (N-14);
- Notices of Intent to Deny (NOID);
- Notices of Intent to Revoke (NOIR);
- Notices of intent to Rescind and NOtices of Intent to Terminate regional investment centers;
- Motions to Reopen an N-400;
- Filing date requirements for N-336; or
- Filing date requirements for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.
USCIS will consider a response to any of the above-listed requests/notices within 60 days after the response due date.
Below, we have included an attachment of the USCIS announcement.